Update a Vanity, Change a Bathroom
You’ve been giving it the ugly eye for a while now— that ugly vanity cabinet. The whole bathroom really could stand an update, though, so you have resigned yourself to making the best of things until you have the time, funds, and motivation to see you through a whole bathroom remodel.
Maybe it isn’t exactly awful, but when you direct your guests towards the bathroom, it makes you feel uncomfortable to know what they are about to see. You are much trendier than your bathroom gives you credit for.
Why subject yourself and your guests to a bathroom you hate when a simple vanity bathroom vanity and sink update could change the look of the entire room?
Updating Your Existing Vanity
There are multiple options at your disposal when it comes to the budget-friendly route of modernizing your current vanity. A skilled professional can:
- Tint a stained vanity with a darker stain color, or freshen it up with paint
- Replace the doors and/or drawer fronts with a more modern profile
- Replace the knobs and/or pulls
- Replace the countertop and/or sink
- Replace the faucet fixture
Some or all of these updates can be applied to your existing vanity to make it look brand new (or just the right amount of old if that is your aesthetic).
Replacing Your Vanity
There are three main options when it comes to replacing your bathroom vanity.
- Buying a prefinished vanity
- Ordering a custom built vanity
- Repurposing an existing piece of furniture as a vanity
There are no wrong choices here. This is an opportunity to express yourself, whether it be through the clean sleek lines of a white shaker style vanity cabinet, or the distressed contours of an upcycled vintage buffet.
Hiring a Professional
No matter which type of vanity you choose, hiring a skilled professional to install it is the smart choice. There are several things to account for during a vanity installation including:
- Attaching the vanity securely to the studs
- Ensuring that the vanity is level
- Making sure that the vanity lines up well with any side walls
- Disconnecting and reconnecting or rerouting the plumbing
- Cutting interior parts of the vanity to allow for the plumbing
A skilled professional will have the tools and know-how to meet any potential challenges that arise and deliver a beautiful result.
Unlike many other well-established remodel companies, at Excellent American Painting & Handyman Services, updating a vanity is not too small a project. Contact us today to find out how we can help you modernize your bathroom and turn it into a room you are proud of with this simple improvement.